
I went out on a Farragut Greenway ride with a few others Monday night. I was turned on to several greenway sections I didn’t know anything about. We rode a little over two hours at a good pace and where probably on city streets less than 40% of the ride. All I could think about is how cool it’s going to be to tow Noah in his trailer on some of the extra swoopy sections. I know greenway riding sounds lame but it’s more like mountain bike racing on pavement , we laid down nearly 30 miles in just over two hours with tons of weaving and curb hopping along the way.
Tuesday I hit the ridge after work. This was my first mountain bike ride without a mechanical issue in several weeks. Thomas and Hank met me for the second half of my two and a half hour ride. I was a little tired from climbing the 42/16 up the steepest hills in Farragut Monday so we kept it flat and fast.
Thursday was commute to work by bike day. It was the only way to squeeze any more riding in this workweek. Plus I feel good doing it. I had full intentions of gearing the Wily and putting some skinny tires on it for the commute but I never got around to it so alas I’m once again on the fixy but I’m coming to terms with fixed commuting and think it may be my preferred steed.
Hour and a half ride round trip.

1 comment:
People should read this.
Post a Comment