Monday, April 23, 2007

Cohutta Weekend

This past week end was the Cohutta 100, I had early season intentions of doing this event but our recently family addition changed those plans. We did have several folks from Southern California come to town with our good friend CarolAnn for the race. They all seemed to have a big time and enjoyed their stay in the south even if they couldn’t get their Chick-fil-a ala protein style. I know we enjoyed seeing them all.

We still went down to the Ocoee the day of the event and saw lots of friends and both got a little riding in, that’s right Tara got her first bike ride in axactly 5 weeks after Noah’s birth. Speaking of Noah, he went to three restaurants and a cookout this weekend and was a model child the whole time, sorry no pictures of the boy this update but I promise this week I’ll get something up. Tara’s brother and sister’n’law (Amanda) are staying with us today with their 4 children (That’s right 5 kids are screaming in my house right now). Amanda is a professional photog and has been snapping away at Noah with her fancy camera so maybe she will leave me with some high resolution shots.

Rides since the last update,
Tuesday, solo road ride, 40+ miles a little over two and a half hours
Wednesday, Ridge ride on the SS with Steve Apking, moderate to high pace, lots of climbing and a ton of a little over two hours
Thursday, Grocery ride hauling a case of beer home, almost an hour because I stretched it out.
Friday, Haw Ridge Epic, 4 hours attacking all the biggest climbs testing out the Captains new drivetrain.
Saturday, Cruised around Tanasi observing yet still staying out of the way of the Cohutta 35/100 around two and a half hour ride.
Sunday, took some of the Cali contingency on a brief Haw Ridge tour. I had a Crank Brothers catastrophe that cut my ride to an hour and a half.

Since I don’t have any pictures this update I’ll leave you with this bit from Cleverchimp, it’s a series of TV commercials from the Netherlands promoting cycling to the masses, the commercials are not in English but you can get the drift of what most of them are trying to convey. I can’t imagine the US with this type of cycling advocacy…..

No comments: