Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday spin at the ridge.

Well after I shot my mouth of earlier this week about how sweet the trails were at the Ridge tons of folks showed up today. I didn’t think things were frozen on Wednesday but I guess they were because it all melted today and made a muddy mess. I did 2 rides, went in solo on the Blacksheep, I set it up all 1x9 style this morning and that would probably be pretty fun but the jump-stop I bought was the wrong size and I dropped my chain about 12 times. I went back out to the trailhead and converted the bike back to singlespeed in a matter of about 5 minutes. Jeff showed up to shake down his new rig and we went back into the woods together. Second trip into the woods I picked trails better staying on the leafy seldom ridden and ridge top stuff. It was tons drier this loop. Jeff’s bike barely got dirty at all. We had a good time and identified some issues with jeffs new bike to fix before Sunday’s trip to Pisgah. So total today was a little over 2 hours on the trail, Levi spent the day with me and had a blast, the final decent from the top of K2 back down through the Saddle and Soccer broke him though, he went home, ate, and went to bed.

No comments: