Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Another Monday

Did a Greenway/Boulavard/Greenwy/Downtown/Campus/Greenway ride on the Fixy last night. It was warm and I rolled a casual pace. I checked out all the signs for new apartments in various buildings downtown tonight. I partially understand the draw of urban living in Knoxville but these apartments look horrible. At most of them you have to buy into a corner unit to get a window in your bedroom and those units are selling for an unreasonable cost. I don’t think I could handle that. The price would be understandable in a big city but little Knoxville? Less than a mile away you can buy a small house in poor condition for less than forty grand, you could level the little house and build a nice compact residence that would be larger and nicer than those apartments and save a couple hundred thousand. It’s not like the Knoxville urban dwellers are living car free, there isn’t a grocery store within 2 miles of downtown. There must be 6 different buildings under construction for these apartments right now some are nicer than others, the Dewherst “Holston” project actually looks quite nice. I have to wonder when this market will saturate, probably the same time Downtown runs out of parking. All said it was a 2 hour ride and I had a great time. Trails should be dry for Tuesday night as long as I’m not at the hospital with Tara.

Tara is holding strong. A few contractions but nothing much.

No comments: