Friday, March 30, 2007
Smart Trips
So my biggest cycling interest of late is practically based. I have been an active recreational cyclist for many years but I rarely use my bike to run errands, get to work, etc… I kind of feel guilty or somewhat less of a true cyclist because of it. I have made it a point as of late to change that, today I took my first bike trip to work. I kind of cheated in that I rode over to the KAT bus from a Park’n’Ride lot, put my bike on the front of the bus and road into town that way. I had a 2-3 mile ride to the bus stop (all neighborhood road and greenway) and a 2-3 mile greenway ride from the place the bus dropped me off to my office. The route home (~20 miles) was low traffic and fairly easy. I chose to ride the fixy this first time to be “Super Hard Core” but a comfortable geared bike with bigger tires would be much more appropriate. I hope to make this a regular effort, it adds a bit of adventure to my work day and squeezes in a reasonable amount of riding for minimal time impact on my day, and that’s something Tara and Noah could grow to appreciate too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Smart Trips is good. I've been using my bike for errands lately. Finally got a chance to use my Tricross "6 pack" front rack to bring home a sixer of Corona! You should have seen the disapproving sneers I received as I bungeed my beer to my rack.
As soon as my panniers come in I am going to go one week car free. Better than a Prius! :-)
Post a Comment