Friday, May 11, 2007

Imagine one day

I’ve been super slack on the updates lately, lots had been going on, between getting ready for and recovering from PMBAR and keeping up with Noah and his Mom's needs I have barly had a chance to sit down lately.

Noah is doing great, he keeps on growing, his development isn’t as drastic each day but the steps he takes seem more significant. We are seeing definite smiles from him now. Last night he was sitting on the couch about a foot and a half from me wile I was picking some banjo, he somehow wiggled his way over to me, grabbed my arm and snuggled in for a nap. It was preaty funny. I’ll get some Noah pictures up this weekend.

PMBAR didn’t go exactly as planned, but it was still fun. It rained before and throughout the race creating unbelievably tough conditions. I road with my friend Steve Apking, it was his first long distance mtb event even though he has the skills and fitness it was a little new to him. We were doing great and on track to finish in the top third or so when a series of mechanical issues took us out all together.

Ride log update:
April 29th, Foothills Parkway/129 (the Dragon) to the state line and back ride. This is my favorite local road ride. ~5:00
May 1st, Greenway racing on the fixy 2:00
May 5th PMBAR 9:00
May 6th road to the store for Ice-cream, :15 but a hard :15 after the mud fest the day before.
May 8th group road Ride, Anchor Park rides are back on !!! 2:30.
May 9th Haw Ridge with Steve and Levi 2:00
Mat 10th Bike commute to work 1:30

You don’t have to live in California, and it doesn’t have to be April 29th just take one day...



A stolen Fixy vid...

1 comment:

Paul said...

Dear Brian,
Hoe do you 'place' those movies inside your blog? Looks very nice.