Thursday, June 28, 2007

French Country Ride



I commuted to work today and decided to take the long way home. Well maybe the really long way home. I’ve wanted to learn a little about the fire road system at the Forks of the River Wildlife management Area. It’s a pretty big park with lots of rocky fire roads connected to town via greenway, it has huge after-work cyclocross adventure potential. While riding through the sunflower fields on the banks of the French Broad River I felt like I needed to pull over with a baguette and a bottle of wine.

Two hours latter I rode right back past my office on my way to fight traffic toward home. A three and a half hour commute with a French detour.

I rode at the Ridge yesterday with Steve and Bo. A two hour ride hitting up some seriously old school routes at the Ridge. I’ve become pretty fond of Roller Coaster lately, I used to hate that trail and now its becoming one of my favorites.

4 comments:

Thomas said...

I like your close-up shot of the sunflower. very purty.

1SpeedBrian said...

Thanks Thomas, those are just some shots from my cell phone but they turned out ok.

Tarik Saleh said...

Yeah, forks of the river, is that the one across island home from meads quarry?. All sorts of great cross action, then you can do dog repeats on burnetts creek and then loop back and do it again...

1SpeedBrian said...

Yep Tarik that’s the place, when you lived here it was still called Eastern State Park or something like that. "dog repeats" = East Tennessee interval training