Take note thats seven 29er singlespeeds and a token kiddy wheel squisher.


Had the Sheep out last night for the first time since it went all Catawampus on me. The bike is totally rebuilt. Every last bearing has been repacked, the frame was stripped and polished, New rims (Halo Freedom Discs) laced on my hubs, the fork was rebuilt by White and has a new crown, new lowers, new bushings and all new seals and oils, the frame has an all new drivetrain with new Middlburn cranks and an Uno ring. It probably has 30 hours of work on it since it was ridden last. With all that work I had 2 flats in the parking lot before I even got on the bike, and my ebb slipped (fresh lube does that) once during the ride causing me to push over the top of a short hill. I went to a slightly different gear ratio 32/21 from my previous 34/22 and I’m not sure I like it. It felt really spinney and I thought I was slow on the flats but I was able to climb most everything I tried which doesn’t always happen especially this early in the year. I’m giving this frame a good effort early this year, I have never really meshed with it and if things don’t change the Sheep may go to market.

No comments:
Post a Comment