
The one thing we decided is life sure is good in West Virginia.

I’ll have Noah out there one day.

I’ve been off the bike allot lately and it’s done wonders for outlook on riding. Sometimes I get too wrapped up in the peripherals of the sport and loose touch with the pleasure of just spinning peddles and feeling the breeze. One of the reasons I have trouble enjoying kayaking any more is the sport became too much about the details and not as much about the overall experience. Along those lines, I decided recently I’m ditching the Ipod while riding no matter how loud my bottom bracket gets. I think the Ipod brings a layer to the experience that disrupts the purity of why I’m on a bike in the first place.
Ride Log:
18th Haw Ridge 2:00
19th Haw Ridge 2:00
The rest of the week was spent on the river !

2 comments:
Hooray! The Ipod comment is the best news I've heard in awhile. I totally agree, plus I'm tired of talking to myself on group rides.
Brian,
Interesting comments today. I too ditched the MP3 a couple years ago. I realized I was concentrating harder on what songs I was listening too than actually biking in the woods.
Good for you,
Peace
Post a Comment