Sunday was a trip to Raccoon Mountain. We had a fun group of Thomas Gains, Eric Nelson, Ben Ramsbottom and I. I have been a little sick this week and definitely dragged the back of the group most of the day but still we did very little waiting around and moved together very well everyone in sight of each other all the time but never crowded. I am continuously amazed by Raccoon Mountain. It may be the most fun trail system in the south. I road several trails this time I had never seen before with rock and technical features that would challenge most anyone (I know I walked a few spots). We rode the outside loop clockwise whereas I had always ridden counterclockwise previously. Both directions are allot fun but clockwise gives you more long flowy downhills and tougher climbs. I’d say counterclockwise is a better SS direction although I’m not sure I want to take the SS to the Coon again the FS bike is too much fun in the tech sections. Check out Harvest the Ride for more pictures from the day.
Thomas weaving through some boulders (My ElCapitain's wheelbase made it extra challanging to make these moves):

Thomas on another roller:

I did my first bike commute this week since day light savings ended. It dark most of the way home luckily I have good lights and reflective clothing. I tried a new route home this week that used more greenway but the road sections had a ton more traffic and I don’t think I will go that way again, its fun to have options though.
Noah had a doctor’s visit this week, 27 ¼” and 17.5lbs. of growing boy. He doesn’t go back to the doctor for a year which seems like kind of a milestone. He is eating allot of solid food now, not 50% but getting close. He seems really fascinated with several things of late that have us on our toes he does everything possible to get into; plants, Levi’s water bowl, the staircase, and anything with buttons (Computers, remote controls, stereo etc…

Ride log (Pretty pathetic this week):
9th- commute to work 2:00
10th -Neighborhood cruzing 1:30
11th -Raccoon Mountain 3:30
Jog log:
6th -2.5 mile
7th -5 mile

No comments:
Post a Comment